Friday, November 18, 2011

[NaNo 2011] Day 18

Quite tired today. Working on about four hours' worth of sleep, and it's starting to take its toll, after a full work day and the cold weather settling in in earnest. Also at a strange part of the story.

In my outline, I had planned for a brief conflict of perspectives at this juncture...but as I wrote, Ross and Amber just didn't want to follow the breakdown. Yes, the characters have started to lead the story themselves. (At "only" ~33K words. I don't know if that's good or bad.)

I do think this development works better for them, in this place where I've brought them in the story so far. It's just that it takes out about two chapters' worth of conflict resolution, by going this new way.

Ah, well. Amber is a very persuasive young lady. I can't fault her for that. And it doesn't hurt to get Ross closer to the point of being a hero just a little bit earlier.

No excerpt today; sorry. Don't want to spoil all of this creamy, sweet cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment