Friday, November 4, 2011

[NaNo 2011] Doubt

Yesterday, I made the mistake of joining an LJ community based around NaNoWriMo. It's neat to look at everyone's methods of writing and their story ideas...but it's also a bit disheartening to see some people who are already at the 12K or even 25K mark! I'm only at about 7200 words, myself.

Don't get me wrong, though! I am really enjoying writing this story, and the first chapter is almost complete. (I hope to finish that tonight.) I just wonder how some people can be at Day 4 and already have half of their word quota done. Maybe they don't have jobs or school during the day. Or they stay up all night and write instead of sleep. Or they shut themselves off from their families.

All I know is that I'm glad I decided to go with this story over my other choices (fandom fiction, mostly). I'm happy with these characters, especially now that they're really starting to come into their own. After "only" four days. That's got to mean something, right?

Anyway, I'll be putting up an excerpt from today's efforts in just a bit.

Thanks for letting me rant! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment