Thursday, November 3, 2011

[NaNo 2011] Day 03

Neville is my favorite original supporting character to come along in a long, long time:

“You're my best friend, mate,” he said. “But you are also a vain bastard bordering on narcissistic, and I know that you would like nothing more than to walk into that hall tonight and have Jade and Sam and every other woman in attendance take one look at you and decide that you are, categorically and without contention, not only the most eligible but also the most desirable heterosexual man in the entire room. And when, after an evening of showing off just how eligibly desirable you are, one of those women asks you to come home with her, you can then turn around and reject her with the unflappable self-assurance and bullet-proof ego of a handsome rogue who has nothing better to do than break pretty girls' hearts with your killer smile...because there shouldn't be any woman in her right mind who can turn down the incomparable Ross Finch and not regret that decision when she goes to bed at night.” He paused for a single breath, his gaze steady and piercing. “Do let me know if I've left anything out?”


I've gotten to the party (finally!), where Ross meets Amber, the event that signals the end of the first chapter. Not sure if I can finish the party in today's session, but I'm at least hopeful. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment